Sunday, May 20, 2007

This Week's Recap

I've meant to blog all week. So here it is.

Sunday, Mother's Day: I proudly wore my Mother's Day gift from Michael (7) to church, a one-of-a-kind volcano and fireball necklace that he made in school. I got many compliments. Right after church we went to two soccer games and then DH mowed his grandpa's yard. Then we had Wendy's take-out and that was it.

Monday: I took care of the baby and Jonathan (5) helped. He sang "Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sle-eep little Am-a-lee", a Jonathan original.

Tuesday: I put together a couple of concepts for a website I've been hired to do. Both kids were at school. After work, DH threw the baseball with Michael for what seemed over an hour. He is improving.

Wednesday: DH took Michael to school before Jonathan even woke up. While he was still sleeping, I went outside and the weather seemed great. I witnessed an all-out national geographic cat chase/fight. I could hear the resident woodpecker. Nature was calling me to get some outdoor chores done. I decided to pull weeds. Jonathan finally emerged from the house. We spent the rest of the morning in the yard together. I would give him any worms I found, and he would play with them for a bit before burying them again.

At one point a robin landed quite close to us pecking around for insects and worms. We sat very still and it got so close that it snatched up one of the worms Jonathan had just buried and ate it in front of us. We discussed how she was probably going to go feed her babies. After about 3 hours I decided we had worked hard enough so we went inside.

That evening, Michael had a baseball game and hit the ball and got on base 3 times during the game and made it around the bases once. His last time up to bat, a freak wind storm came through. I was running for cover, but it didn't even phase him...he hit the ball and got on base. He's a lot tougher than I am. This same evening Jonathan had soccer practice and then his first T-ball game. So here's the funny thing. Jonathan was up to bat at the same time Michael was during that freak windstorm just one field diagonal from us. He also got a hit (not using the T).

In the middle of the night things started getting weird for me. My muscles were on fire and I couldn't sleep. I ended up tossing and turning on the couch and I think allergies triggered from the wind were making me feel slightly sick.

Thursday: I took Tylenol for my muscle aches since I was supposed to watch the baby (not my regular day). She had a cold and couldn't get comfortable, and I had been up all night and was not feeling 100%. She needed much nurturing and I just needed a nap. Her mom came for her 10:00 am meal and decided to take her to back to work with her. I felt bad, but I felt bad. I went to bed. That night I sat outside through another baseball game. I took Tylenol PM for the muscle aches, but ended up being awake most of the night with a queasy stomach.

Friday: I called early to cancel the baby sitting since I felt like I was going to hurl. DH realized after he got ready for work that I wasn't going to get out of bed and get the kids ready and take them to school. I think I just figured I'd let them stay home. He took it upon himself to get them dressed, fed, pack there lunches and took them to school without saying a word to me. God bless him, because I finally made the mad dash to the bathroom. Nothing was in my stomach, but I felt better and slept all morning. I was afraid to eat much, so I was tired and weak the rest of the day. I ate a little dinner and slept great.

Saturday: I woke up early, feeling great. DH coached Michael's soccer practice and then we had another overlapping baseball and t-ball game. The weather was great at the beginning but got cool and windy toward the end. My allergies, again, were all messed up and I felt sick the rest of the day. I didn't sleep much last night. But got a lot of good Bible reading and praying done on the couch.

Sunday (today): Must have been feeling emotional from the week so I had a girl moment in front of the whole church while singing with the praise team. Nice and humiliating.

I find the best way to avoid some of that is not think about the words while I'm singing. Today, of course, I let my guard down and listened to what I was singing. It was "We Will Dance" which has become one of my favorite songs and sometimes, after you have one of those weeks, you just can't help yourself looking forward to The Day. Here are the words:

Sing a song of celebration
Lift up a shout of praise
For the Bridegroom will come
The glorious One
And oh, we will look on His face
We’ll go to a much better place

Dance with all your might
Lift up your hands and clap for joy
The time’s drawing near
When He will appear
And oh, we will stand by His side
A strong, pure, spotless bride

We will dance on the streets that are golden
The glorious bride and the great Son of man
From every tongue and tribe and nation
Will join in the song of the Lamb

Copyright © 1993 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing. All rights reserved.
International copyright secured.

1 comment:

  1. ok, so what's the deal with your episodic illnesses? Is it really the wind? A virus? I need closure.....
    I'm glad you were well enough to sing. Moreover, I greatly encourage the integration of mind and spirit during worship...who cares who cries? You know who.