Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Back-tracking

I just sat down to write and there was a big thump over head. I just about jumped out of my skin. The boys are wrestling in the living room and my "office" is directly beneath.

I'm actually not really sure what I'm going to write about. Every now and then, I have an idea that I think it might be fun to share with someone or the kid's have a funny or not so funny moment that I think, "I need to blog that". However, when I get a chance to sit down, I draw a blank.

Even so, I will start with the latest. Today Michael got in trouble at school again for being apart of a group that was teasing another kid. We had the talk about what if it were you. You need to think before you act or speak to make sure you are not hurting someone else. This is part of becoming a grown up, etc. But to tell you the truth, at this point (this being the third time he along with other kids have gotten in trouble at school within the last two weeks), I'm just ready to chalk it up to end of the school ants-in-his-pants and hope that summer will take care of some of it.

Speaking of trouble, I got pulled aside by a teacher yesterday when picking Jonathan up so she could tell me about this huge tantrum he had that day. Something about he wanted to play with P-- but T-- beat him to him. He is one of three boys who play together all day. But sometimes when two want to do something and the other one doesn't, it becomes a competition. Fortunately, she said that was his only problem that day and the rest of the day was great.

So that was today and Tuesday. Oh yeah, on Monday Michael got 3 for 3 hits at his baseball game and made it around the bases once to score. (This is not a homerun, mind you. It usually takes about 3-4 kids coming up to bat for one person to clear home plate.) I overheard a dugout conversation. One kid took a poll of who was wearing a cup. There is one girl on the team.

Which brings up another little story, Michael does not wear a cup yet. We put him in one the first night (the store had large and regular, so I bought regular). It was way out of proportion for his small frame. He was standing in right field dancing his hips around, bouncing that bulge in front of him all over the place. It was really funny. I also heard a story of one kid who proudly wore his to school when he first got one. Michael didn't request that, thank goodness.

While Michael was playing baseball, Jonathan had rounded up about 5 other little boys to play with. Since he was the oldest, he became a little bossy telling everyone what to do, deciding who could come in (they had taken over a little green shack behind home plate), etc. I had to remind him that this was not an exclusive club and that anyone who wants to play, could play.

Sunday, after church, I sat through two soccer games (an hour each) in a tank top and got so burned that I am just today turning from red to brown. It was completely hot through both games, but as soon as the last game was over, a cloud moved over the sun and I had to put a blanket around me. Weird weather.

Well, that's about it. We go and do it all again tonight. Jonathan has soccer practice and Michael has baseball, both at 5:30. I'm so glad I remembered to put the roast in the crockpot at noon. It smells so good! And will taste great at 7:30 when we all get home.

Later Gator.

No comments:

Post a Comment