Tuesday, October 3, 2006

I'm So Proud

Today my husband came home at noon and was busy making himself lunch. He was cooking bacon and eggs. To cook the bacon, he lines two cookie sheets with foil and then lays every strip of the one pound package of bacon side by side in neat order. (He then cooks it for 20 minutes at 400 degrees in case you are wondering).

Since I had sort of a captive audience with him, I thought it would be a great time to tell him about mine and Jonathan's adventures for the morning which entailed getting the 5 year old a check-up at the doctor’s office.

I was so proud of him; he was so tough getting three shots and blood drawn without crying (I didn’t say without wincing or without making a terrible face!). I was bragging about what the doctor said about him…one of the things being that he is “perfectly proportioned”.

At this my husband gives the first indication that he is listening, looks up at me and says “I know!” with a proud and excited glimmer in his eye. Seeing that this conversation was making him happy, I proceeded to add more tidbits to the story.

However, when he got a confused look on his face, I realized, to my dismay, he thought I had been talking about the bacon.

Seriously? Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment